Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WFMW: Peanut butter frosting :)


If there is one thing in life I love it's peanut butter. I made a chocolate cake the other day and I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I'm not a huge fan of frosting, and the kind of frosting that I will eat was not in the house and I didn't want to go to the store. That's when I remembered hearing someone talk about peanut butter frosting.


Google is my friend. :) I googled peanut butter frosting and clicked on the first website that popped up.

I followed the directions and it was DELICIOUS! Not to sweet, not so strong that it overtook the chocolate taste, not greasy, not gritty, just delightful.

Here is the recipe I used.


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar


DIRECTIONS
Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.


Most of the reviews said that it was really easy to make and only a handful had any complaints. The warnings that I gleaned from the reviews were a) make SURE your butter has softened b) make sure you use butter, not margarin c) sift your powdered sugar d) go by the "use milk as needed" not "3 tbs of milk" in the directions.

I followed the directions and kept it in my mixer for quite a while, I figured it wouldn't hurt it to beat it for longer than 3 minutes. I added my sifted powder sugar a half of a cup at a time and I didn't measure the milk, just poured some in until I got a consitancy that I liked. It is SO good! Oh, and it makes A LOT. I was only frosting the top of the cake so I could have easily cut this recipe in half and still had more than enough. Although, the frosting is so good that you'll probably just want to eat it by itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment