Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

1,000 gifts list 743-753

I just finished reading Ann's book, One Thousand Gifts, and she writes about combating emotions in like stress and anger with the emotion of grattitude. Up until now I've never done that. I've simply gone through my day looking for His graces during the good times. I laugh in wonder now, have I been missing the point the whole time? Of course I can see his gifts when I am happy, laid back, relaxed, ready to look. But when I'm angry, upset, anxious, or stressed? Does that mean that God's gifts are now gone? Of course not!
So as I've gone through these past couple of days and I'm starting to feel any of those emotions I stop, wrack my brain, and say...

Thank you, Lord. Thank you. Thank you for...
743) memory work laminated and on a metal ring
744) wet erase markers that don't stain lamination
745) hide-and-go-seek in the house and sqeals of laughter
746) socked feet slipping and sliding on hard wood flors
747) sitting close to him to keep warm while eating outside on a January night
748) Mario's eyes wide with adoration for sweet boyfriend
749) secret valentines at work
750) prayers whispered in the dark
751) automatic candles that are programmed to come on every night and flicker in the dark
752) shoes piled high in entry way of Cindy's house for Friday night Bible study
753) words gobbled down and then available to re-read and savor

"Eucharist [thanksgiving] is the state of the perfect man. Eucharist is the life of paradise. Eucharist is the only full and real response of man to God's creation, redemption, and gift of heaven." Alexander Schmemann


No comments:

Post a Comment