Seven hundred and thirty seven gifts. That is what I have recorded so far. And seven hundred and thirty seven gifts later, I am still blown away. This practice of soaking in, looking, waiting, eagerly anticipating, what is to come has made me more aware and alive then I ever thought possible. It is those quiet, unexpected moments, that captivate you, make you stop and stand still and I regret not starting this practice sooner, regret all those gifts that I wasted, un noticed, flown by, never able to fully appreciate. But that was then and this now and I am trying to force my eyes open, to take a deep breath and look around and truly see what is before and around me, His love continously pouring over me. And the graces continue...
716) acorns and acron hats
717) co worker you really, truley, enjoy
718) first four verses of Colossians- almost memorized!
719) tech savy boyfriends
720) thick interfacing
721) fabric sales
722) flint and steel and tinder and a brother who loves those things
723) Jared on the piano and Jason on the guitar
724) bonfires in the back yard
725) very imperfect trial run of a sewing project- lessons learned
726) sparking apple cider in single serving sized bottles
"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea,
at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular
motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering... Now, let us
acknowledge the wonder of our physical incarnation— that we are here, in these
particular bodies, at this particular time, in these particular circumstances.
May we never take for granted the gift of our individuality."
— Saint Augustine of Hippo (354-430)