Here are a few of the packing trips that work best for me. :)
1. Roll your clothes, especially pants or jeans. It really does make a big difference.
2. In the past I have used freezer sized ziplocks to pack my shirts. I fold them up like you would normally and put as many in a bag as I can. I seal the bag almost all the way across but leave a little bit unsealed. I sit on it then and squish out all the air and make it as flat as possible. Then I seal it all the way. It's sort of like vacuum sealing a bag shut- but a heck of a lot cheaper and with only using ziplocks.
3. Layer dryer sheets throughout your bag so that your clothes smell nice and clean, not musty, when you unpack.
4. If flying, pack a change of clothes and important hygeine type things like deoderant and a toothbrush in your carry on...just in case. I also pack pajama pants, or yoga type pants, that I change into on the flight if it's a long one so that I'm more comfortable.
5. Stick unmentionables and socks into shoes to save space (and embarrasment if they decide to search your bag!).
6. Downey Wrinkle Releaser spray is a must pack item. It's easy to use and works quite effectivley on wrinkled clothes.
7. Pack jewlery into sandwich sized ziplocks to avaid tangling and misplacing. (Can you tell I like ziplocks?)
8. Again, if flying, tie colorful ribbon onto your bag so that when they come off the belt you can spot it easily. I've also seen people use brightly colored duct tape to "decorate" their bag.
9. I always pack two trash bags when going away for long periods of time, especially when I know I won't have washing facilities. I put my dirty clothes in one bag and then when it is time to pack up to leave I put any extra clean clothes in the other. This makes for less laundry when I get home.
10. Pack a good book! What vacation or getaway is complete without a good book in hand?
I'm taking my laptop with me to Irleand. This will be the first time I have flown with my computer. Any good travel tips??
Join Kristen at We Are That Family for more Works for Me Wednesday tips!