Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 1 and a half: Dublin

Well, I'm here! After one flight change and two long flights we arrived safely in Dublin yesterday morning.

My first impressions of Dublin: I'm not really all that impressed. I've been to Europe before so seeing the signs and the roads and all of that wasn't novel to me. Dublin is a dirty little town that has graffiti all over.

We took a walking tour of Dublin with a VERY knowledable man that took us all over the city and explained history to us. It was really interesting but I was lost half the time because I didn't have a firm basic knowledge of the 1916 Rebellion. I knew some of the history and that helped, but not a lot. The guy was really neat though, you could tell he had a passion for what he was talking about and was very knowledgable.

After our tour we came back to our hotel and ate a late lunch/early dinner. Then I made myself stay awake until a little after 5 pm (at this point I'd been awake for over 28 hours).

And now I'm awake at 1:30 in the morning (hence my half day) listening to the sound of drunken girls singing outside my hotel window.

We're leaving this morning at around 6:15 in the morning for Derry and the Giant's Causeway, which I am very excited about. It's not supposed to rain tomorrow so that's nice. It didn't rain yesterday either but it was very overcast so maybe we'll see a bit of sun tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment