Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

WILMM: long car rides

WILMM: reason #8

I love spending time with my boyfriend. Some of my fondest memories revolve around long car rides. When we went to South Dakota this past summer, that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It's so wonderful to have the one you love sitting right beside me. If I fell asleep, it was him I woke up to driving. If the radio was on it was him that I was singing along with. When there was something I wanted to share, it was him that I shared with. I treasure those times.

On Friday night Jason and I drove to the desert for his grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. I love that drive, especially at night. We drove back home late last night and the whole time we just talked and talked and talked and talked. I love those drives because I learn so mch about my boyfriend. I am constantly amazed at the humbleness and genuinness of my beloved. He is painfully shy around those that he doens't know, and even those that he does, he would rather sit and listen (for the most part) then say anything. Becuase of that there are so manyt thoughts that never get voiced, that I never get to hear or learn about. Long car rides are perfect for this becuase it's just he and I and he can ramble and sort out his words and say things the way he wants to without feeling a timed pressure. I love the intimacy of it. I love long car rides. I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment