Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

WILMM: hands

Why I love my man reason #7

Last night my boyfriend and I went out to dinner with his precious 93(?) year old Great Grandma Kay. I feel like every time I see my boyfriend with his great grandma I fall in love with him all over again. The way that he acts with her is the perfect picture of his character. Quiet, sweet, tender, helpful, loving.

I wish I could have taken a picture of his hands with hers. His hands, young and strong, his hands that rub my back when it hurts, carry in 50 pounds of dog food, play tug of war with my dog. Those same hands that gently help his Great Grandma out of the car and eagerly open doors for her. Her hands, small and fragile, wrinkled skin from years of raising four sons, mixing cookies for her church's bake sales, holding grandkids in her lap, folded in prayer. Oh, how beautiful their hands are together, his and hers. I fall in love with him all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment