Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WFMW: Spray Adhesive


Ya'll, I have discovered spray adhesive. It is marvelous. Wonderful. Stupendous. And it works for me.


It all started when my friend Charlie was going to be leaving for Kenya on a mission trip. Having been on mission trips myself I know how crucial it was for me to write down when and where I saw God moving and the scriptures that had really spoken to me. When I returned to the states satan tried to whisper his lies in my ear. "God didn't use you. You're imagining what you wanted to have happened. You are nothing. You were worthless."


Having gone through that and knowing what a blessing and comfort that journal was to me on my return trips I wanted to supply my friend with something that might help him. All I wanted was a nice journal that wasn't girly. Do you know how hard it is to find a journal without flowers on it? C'mon now, men don't write? After searching numerous places I decided to decorate a journal. If i couldn't find what I wanted I'd make it myself. I found a journal that was hardbound, but it was ugly as sin. So then I decided that if I could find a map of Africa and paste it over the cover that would be neat. I didn't want to use glue because that tends to make paper wrinkle. That's when I discovered this.




It worked GREAT! I cut out the map so that Africa would be the cover. I sprayed the back of the map with spray adhesive, lined it up on the journal, wrapped the edges over carefully and WALAH! It worked really well. I personalized it with letter stickers by putting his name on. Since then I have made two more journals. I can't wait to see what other uses there are for spray adhesive!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!! Journals are TREASURES for the later years!! Legacies of what God has done in your life! Sometimes they need to be burned :) but most often they are priceless!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I agree whole heartedly- and yes, burning is sometimes necessary! Thanks for the smile you just put on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete