Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WFMW: no more potato peelers

I don't know why my little picture isn't working but oh well.

Todays work for me wednesday will be one that I think many might appreciate.

My boyfriend HATES to make mashed potatoes because he cannot stand peeling them. Here is the solution, and it is super easy! Take all of your potatoes and with a knife score the potato peel all the way around the potato. Boil your potatoes for 15 minute then remove from boiling water and dunk in ice water for 10-15 seconds. Then pick up the potato and the peel will literally SLIDE right off.

You have to remember to put the potatoes back into the water for another 15 mintues or so so that they finish cooking though.

You know who taught me this? Mary Ann from Giligan's Island! Here is the link to the youtube video in case my directions didn't make sense.

Check out Kristen's blog We Are THAT Family for more Works for Me Wednesday tips!

5 comments:

  1. This is a neat idea. It may even convince me to make mashed potatoes from a potato rather than a box. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I am going to give this a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, brilliant! This is also how you peel tomatoes, and I never thought it would work for potatoes, too. Hmmm, makes me wonder what else you can peel this way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that potato peeling trick! Although most of my mashed potatoes come from a box, I'm sorry to say.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I love to hear from people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! I have seen that video before but always forget about this!!!

    ReplyDelete