Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

1,000 gifts list #1027-1043


I just got home from a week long stay at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. John Muir writes, "Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike." That is what this trip was. A time to get away from the business of every day life, to breathe in clean fresh air, to laugh and fellowship with friends, to marvel at the beauty God has created.
The gifts continue, at home or away on vacation. In the jungle of a city that I live in or the rawness of wild land hundreds of miles away. It is beautiful, the way my Father coordinates things. :) One of the most memorable moments of my trip was a night in which I had just finished doing dishes and felt such a longing to worship. All of a sudden I heard music from a couple of campsites away and it was worship music! I gathered up my courage to go ask complete strangers if I could join them and they kindly said yes. It was a beautiful night singing praises to my Jesus under a blanket of stars and in the shadows of magnificent Redwoods. J
1027) mist on tree tops















1028) warm camping breakfast
1029) his little "I love you" touches
1030) shafts of light through giant Redwoods 
  














1031) late night campfire chats
1033) boys and their walking sticks/staffs
1034) feathery ferns
 

  












1035) banana slugs in jars
1038) bundling up close to him during campfire chat
1039) mug of hot tea
1040) spider webs across trails
 













 
1041) worship songs around campfires
1042) universal believers, the binding tie of Jesus
1043) trees that take your breath away and the blood that was shed on the Tree that took my sins away
 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment