Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1000 Gifts List #1282-1296

Six years ago my very favorite relative went home to the Lord.

My grandma was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. The last time I went to visit my grandpa he gave my mom a list that my grandma had written after her surgery. My grandma was so worried that she would lose her ability to read and write after having her surgery.  The very first thing my grandma did after having brain surgery was to write down what she was thankful for.

I don't have brain cancer. The very least I can do is to write down a list of the graces He has given me. I'm sure my grandma never thought that anyone would keep that list. But we did, and it is a testament of both her faith and His faithfulness.


And the gifts just keep on coming...

1282) my brothers and their girlfriends all home- everyone together
1283) wonderful co-workers
1284) date nights with my lovey
1285) dark clouds and distant rainbows
1286) cute fabric for a new skirt
1287) surprise summer showers
1288) little old woman in wheelchair at Disneyland wearing sequiny red ears 
1289) blue moons
1290) staying up late watching tv and laughing with my brothers
1291) handwritten recipes
1292) new baby-sitting opportunities
1293) getting to work with one of my favorite students
1294) little boys and hatss
1295) memories of my grandma
1296) her gratitude list

"Every song you love, every memory you cherish, every moment that has moved you to holy tears has been given to you from the One who has been pursuing you from your first breathe in order to win your heart. God's version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes, and cricket symphonies, warm winds, swaying trees, lush gardens, and fierce devotion." John and Stasi Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment