Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

1,000 Gifts List

It has been a while since I have written, and I must say I have missed it dearly. Writing does something for me that nothing else can. To pour thoughts from head onto page and see the jumbled mess inside my head neaty written on paper (or computer screen!) is a wonderful thing indeed.

As things start to settle down, with finals done and on break from work I hope to write more regularly once again. And, while I have not been writing, those that I follow have been.

I am constantly blown away by Ann Voskamp and the wonderful way in which she finds Jesus in the every day, seeks Him, yearns for Him, and then so eloquently and beautifuly puts into words what she is feeling, seeing, hearing, experiencing.

She had written about a list that she has, the 1000 Gifts List. It is quite simple really, the goal is to find Jesus in the ordinary, the every day. For, isn't it written, "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father of lights..." It is about quieting yourself and and taking the time to recognize those gifts.

I, along with many others, have decided to join Ann in this gift recognizing. I have always loved lists, and have been known to make lists of things I am thankful for before, but never to this extent. I have a beautiful little journal that I am keeping record of them in and today I reached 100. Here is a glimpse of just a few of the many gifts I recieve daily.

55) warm blankets
56) biscuits and gravy
57) long car rieds with wonderful boyfriend
58) Godly women that blog
59) Christmas songs that speak of Jesus' birth
60) music that moves my soul
61) Apples to Apples
62) shared laughter
63) good pictures
64) my mom who helped me clean before I had guests over
65) jackets lovingly sacrificed for my comfort

And you? What would be on your list?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. God has blessed us with so many things! Thanks, I am going to start a list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I am not sure if any of my posts are going through, so this may reappear more than once. Just wanted to write this is awesome, and God blesses us so much! I want to start a journal too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete