Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

WILMM: love conquers

Why I love my man reason #22

 

My boyfriend and I started dating about a year after my previous relationship had ended. I came with a lot of baggage. My previous relationship had ended suddenly and without much, if any, closure. I struggled, and sometimes still do, with the idea that at any moment this sweet man that I was dating could potentially disappear. My boyfriend knew the hurt that I had been through because we had started to become friends as things ended between myself and the other guy. In fact, my boyfriend was one of my confidants...someone who seemed to genuinely care how I was doing, who wasn't really connected to anyone else I knew and who I hardly ever saw...making him a very safe person to share my hurts with. Little did I know that a year later I would be dating him. 

My boyfriend has helped me to heal. He took my bruised and tender heart and handled it with care. He knows when I am feelings anxious or worried and will wrap his arms around me and whisper, "I'm not going to leave you." He became involved in my life, with my family, and my friends and has shown me his love through action, not just words.

There's an old saying that says, "time heals all wounds." Time helps of course...but I don't think I would where I am today if I hadn't of had someone who allowed me to learn what it's like to trust again. I think of how many times in the past I have felt the anxiety rising inside of me as I thought of all the horrible outcomes that could happen. It was only when he held me tight and whispered in my ear that the anxiety began to cease. My boyfriend's love has helped to cast out those fears...and that is just one more reason why I love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment